Become an early Riser and Seize the Day!
by Valerie Morrison
September 27, 2021
Getting up with the sun (or before it) has endless benefits that can change your life. Health, happiness, and productivity are just a few rewards that come with waking up with the roosters. For those fortunate easy risers, it comes as second nature. For many of us non “early birds” the idea of missing out on those coveted extra minutes of Z’s in the comforts of a cozy bed may be a little challenging. Here are a few ways to become an early riser and seize the day!
Set a Solid Nighttime Routine – Becoming an early riser also mean getting enough Z’s at night.
- Set alarm for bedtime and don’t waiver. It may take a little getting used to at first but climbing in bed before you are exhausted will help with your wake-up routine.
- Put down the phone! Staring into an electronic device right before bed is a huge no-no if you want a good night’s rest. Studies have shown that the blue light on our screens disrupts REM as well as makes falling asleep more difficult, not to mention the social media rabbit hole that often leads to hours of mindless scrolling. If it is too difficult to leave your phone alone, try putting it in another room.
- 30 minutes before scheduled bedtime read a good book or do a little meditation to relax in bed. Turn on a bedside lamp to make it easy to turn off without having to get up again.
Get Excited – Waking up earlier might be a challenge if you are not pumped about something that you are looking forward too. Make sure to find things that will make you excited about getting out of bed in the morning.
- Make the perfect cup of coffee or latte / try with a new coffee creamer or Ground-Based Nutrition’s C8 MCT Oil Powder for maximum energy and cognitive function throughout the day.
- Read a few extra chapters of your favorite book in the morning.
- Meditate quietly without any interruptions or find an inspirational day book.
- Make a delicious breakfast or opt for a creamy Plant-Based Superfood Protein
- Paint, do yoga or stretches, water your plants, keep a journal, or simply sit outside and listen as the birds start to chirp.
- Get out and go for a quite walk before the rest of the neighborhood wakes up; jogging, or bike riding is also great way to take a little “me time”.
Stay away from the snooze button – Hitting the snooze button is detrimental if you want to become an early riser.
- Put your phone in another room so you are not tempted to snooze five times.
- Set your alarm to an upbeat song that you like and that gives you good morning vibes.
- Get your blood flowing by hopping out of bed and doing five-minute wake up fitness routine. Jumping jacks, high knees, plank, and push-ups will give your body the jolt it needs to resist hitting the snooze button.
- Make up your bed as soon as you rise. A nicely made bed makes it less inviting to get back into.
Hopefully you can use some of these methods to become an early riser and increase your happiness, health, productivity!!
Interested in more health and wellness tips? Sign up here!
I recently did a juice cleanse in which you drink one gallon of juice per day for a two day period. The two gallons o...
Fitness challenges are a great way to stay in shape during the Summer. Here are some great fitness challenges to look...
Tips for living a healthier life start with taking action. As life returns back to normal, it's hard staying on track...
Does sauna therapy actually work? The answer is yes! Did you know that sauna therapy helps to liberate toxins stored ...
There are lots of beauty trends out there right now such as Coolsculpting and Cryotherapy. But, have you heard of Coo...
Another Wellness Wednesday is almost in the books. How are we doing on our 2021 goals so far? Today, we are going to ...
I made one of my New Year's Goals to drink more water. I've been drinking about 80 or more ounces of water per day. T...
We know 2020 has been rough for everyone, and we are hopeful for a brighter 2021. Here are some self care ideas to br...
2021 is right around the corner. Some of you maybe writing down your new year's resolutions or goals. Here are some g...
Holidays are usually enjoyable. Here are 10 tips to help you have a healthier holiday season:
Don’t skip meals. Ski...