3 Protein-Packed Breakfast Recipes (Plant-Based)
Breakfast is a great way to get started on your daily protein consumption. There are plenty of delicious recipes to enjoy in the morning that are packed with protein and will fuel you throughout the day. Check out a few examples!
Pancakes are always a delightful way to start the morning. This recipe is gluten-free, packed with protein, and can be covered with a sweet burst of fruits and maple syrup.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or water
4 scoops Ground-Based Nutrition Superfood Protein
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup and fruits for topping
- 1 cup blueberries (optional – for blueberry pancakes)
- Preheat nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Blend all ingredients (except blueberries if you added these). Blend until smooth and add more liquid if you want thinner pancakes.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
Optional: Add blueberries and stir to evenly distribute.
- Use 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancakes. Cook on one side until it begins to bubble (about 3–5 minutes). Then flip and cook 3–5 more minutes.
- Add any desired fruit toppings, nut butter, and/or maple syrup!
Muffins are a great, quick treat for breakfast. You can make a big batch over the weekend to freeze and enjoy them throughout the entire week! This recipe makes about 10 muffins and is a great protein boost to start the day off with.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tbsp water)
- 1 ¼ cup dairy-free yogurt, unsweetened
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
3 scoops Ground-Based Nutrition Superfood Protein
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Additional toppings (optional):
- Blueberries, plant-based chocolate chips, granola, lemon & poppyseeds, walnuts, etc.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Why not start your morning off with a big, sweet, protein-packed treat? This chocolate and peanut butter protein shake tastes more like a milkshake. It’s an easy breakfast that can be brought on-the-go or enjoyed alongside your favorite breakfast foods.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add more sweetener if not sweet enough.